My interest in photography actually started as a young child with a box of photos. A large cardboard box that contained albums and loose photos. I would spend a couple hours per viewing going through them. Quite a few years later my interest in having a good camera came about because I would see things and think to myself that would make a great photo. While trying to decide my next step after serving in the Air Force a friend suggested I go to school for photography. People do that? That's like going to school for ....I don't know eating lobster and french chocolate eclairs (some of my favorite foods but not necessarily together). "Okay", I thought! So fast forward again to now. I have been taking photographs and assisting since graduating in 2004 and love every minute of it.
Here are some facts about me that you wouldn't know after having met me:
1. I am not from America. I was born in England.
2. My first language was French (confusing I know)
3. I've served in the Air Force (yep, it can be done without citizenship)
4. I love elephants and can't wait to go to Africa one day to see them where they belong.
5. I love to laugh (like almost freakishly). I scour comedy central for new standup comics and watch shows like The Office and Modern Family and World's Dumbest just for a laugh. I kind of sound like an addict, hmmmm.
6. I do NOT like the cold! I don't mind rain (I'm British after all) but abhor the cold. Anyone found a place with highs in the 80's and low in the 60's?
7. I LOVE latin music! (Favorite popular musicians of that genre are Shakira, Marc Anthony, Elvis Crespo, Gipsy Kings and Santana, then anything salsa/merengue).